By Paul G. Nixon,Vassiliki N. Koutrakou
This publication strains the improvement of e-government and its purposes throughout Europe, exploring the consequences of data and conversation expertise (ICTs) upon political motion and techniques.
Explores quite a number ideas and subject matters underpinning e-government in Europe:
- the measure to which e-government interprets into actual reform of presidency and public management
- the twin function of the ecu as either a supplier of e-government via its personal inner actions and likewise as a facilitator or aggregator within the means it seeks to engender switch and advertise its ethos in member states around the european
- cyberterrorism and its use either via terrorists and governments to pursue political agendas.
Featuring in-depth case reports at the growth of e-government within the united kingdom, France, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Slovenia, Hungary, and Estonia. those case experiences tackle the above concerns, while whilst highlighting commonality and variety in perform and the anomaly among top-down ideas and the trouble to interact wider civil participation through e-government.
e-Government in Europe should be of curiosity to scholars and students of public coverage, politics, media and communique reports, computing and knowledge and communications applied sciences and eu studies.
Read Online or Download E-government in Europe: Re-booting the State (Routledge Advances in European Politics) PDF
Best political parties books
Gutmann and Thompson exhibit how a deliberative democracy can deal with a few of our so much tricky controversies--from abortion and affirmative motion to health and wellbeing care and welfare--and can enable assorted teams to cause together.
"The Democrats: A severe historical past is helpful studying for somebody who's attracted to social switch. "--MediaMouse. orgThe 2006 elections positioned the Democrats within the majority in either homes of Congress, but these hoping for switch were deeply dissatisfied. Lance Selfa seems to be on the Democrats in a wide historic viewpoint, displaying that today’s betrayals stem from the Democratic Party’s function as one of many events serving the pursuits of the U.S. institution, now not of the wider public or its “base” of ladies, African american citizens, exchange union participants, and dealing and bad humans.
This e-book makes a speciality of the crucial social gathering gear of the Democratic entrance for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), the Democratic entrance (DF) branches confirmed within the Occupied Palestinian Territories and Jordan within the Nineteen Seventies, and the main influential and cutting edge of the DF women's agencies: the Palestinian Federation of Women's motion Committees within the occupied territories.
How secure is Turkey’s liberal democracy? the increase to energy in 2002 of the right-leaning Islamic Justice and improvement celebration ignited fears within the West that Turkey may well now not be relied upon to supply a buffer opposed to the expansion of Islamic fundamentalism within the center East. however the contribution of the JDP (or AKP because it recognized in Turkey) to civil liberties and easy freedoms, lengthy suppressed via secular and statist Kemalist ideology, has remained unexamined regardless of greater than a decade in executive.
- Political Organization in Central Asia and Azerbaijan: Sources and Documents (Cummings Center Series)
- Political Parties in Turkey
- Le Sens du devoir: Chroniques (French Edition)
- Alignment of Political Groups in Canada 1841-67 (Heritage)
- The Turkish AK Party and its Leader: Criticism, opposition and dissent (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- A Defence of the American Policy, as Opposed to the Encroachments of Foreign Influence, and Especially to the Interference of the Papacy in the Political Interests and Affairs of the United States
Extra resources for E-government in Europe: Re-booting the State (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
E-government in Europe: Re-booting the State (Routledge Advances in European Politics) by Paul G. Nixon,Vassiliki N. Koutrakou