By Tasha S. Philpot
Read or Download Conservative but Not Republican: The Paradox of Party Identification and Ideology among African Americans PDF
Similar political parties books
Gutmann and Thompson exhibit how a deliberative democracy can handle a few of our such a lot tricky controversies--from abortion and affirmative motion to wellbeing and fitness care and welfare--and can let different teams to cause together.
"The Democrats: A serious historical past is necessary examining for a person who's attracted to social switch. "--MediaMouse. orgThe 2006 elections placed the Democrats within the majority in either homes of Congress, but these hoping for switch were deeply dissatisfied. Lance Selfa appears to be like on the Democrats in a extensive old standpoint, exhibiting that today’s betrayals stem from the Democratic Party’s position as one of many events serving the pursuits of the united states institution, no longer of the wider public or its “base” of ladies, African american citizens, exchange union contributors, and dealing and negative humans.
This booklet specializes in the significant social gathering gear of the Democratic entrance for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), the Democratic entrance (DF) branches proven within the Occupied Palestinian Territories and Jordan within the Seventies, and the main influential and leading edge of the DF women's enterprises: the Palestinian Federation of Women's motion Committees within the occupied territories.
How secure is Turkey’s liberal democracy? the increase to energy in 2002 of the right-leaning Islamic Justice and improvement social gathering ignited fears within the West that Turkey might now not be relied upon to supply a buffer opposed to the expansion of Islamic fundamentalism within the center East. however the contribution of the JDP (or AKP because it recognized in Turkey) to civil liberties and easy freedoms, lengthy suppressed by means of secular and statist Kemalist ideology, has remained unexamined regardless of greater than a decade in executive.
- The Tea Party Divided: The Hidden Diversity of a Maturing Movement: The Hidden Diversity of a Maturing Movement
- Lula, the Workers' Party and the Governability Dilemma in Brazil (Routledge Studies in Latin American Politics)
- Third Party Blues: The Truth and Consequences of Two-Party Dominance (Controversies in Electoral Democracy and Representation)
- Religiously Oriented Parties and Democratization (Democratization Special Issues)
- The Dynamic Dominion: Realignment and the Rise of Two-Party Competition in Virginia, 1945-1980
- The Left Transformed in Post-Communist Societies: The Cases of East-Central Europe, Russia, and Ukraine
Extra resources for Conservative but Not Republican: The Paradox of Party Identification and Ideology among African Americans
Conservative but Not Republican: The Paradox of Party Identification and Ideology among African Americans by Tasha S. Philpot