By Iman Hashim,Doctor Dorte Thorsen
The comparative research of Burkina Faso and Ghana highlights that social networks function in ways in which should be either permitting and constraining for younger migrants, as can cultural perspectives on age- and gender-appropriate behaviour. The booklet questions simply made assumptions concerning kid's reviews whilst migrating independently in their mom and dad and contributes to analytical and cross-cultural understandings of childhood.
Part of the groundbreaking Africa Now sequence, baby Migration in Africa is a crucial and well timed contribution to an under-researched area.
Read Online or Download Child Migration in Africa (Africa Now) PDF
Best demography books
This ebook presents an outline of the overall healthiness of constructing countries within the early twenty-first century. the fundamental assumption is that the healthiness of a inhabitants isn't really self sufficient of broader demographic tendencies, and does keep on with the future health transition version. The insurance is large, starting from well-being transition in constructing nations, to the overall healthiness of girls, to an research of morbidity.
This ebook offers an enlightening comparative research of Japan’s and Italy’s political cultures and structures, economics, and diplomacy from global conflict II to the current day. It addresses various interesting questions, starting from the origins of the authoritarian regimes and post-war one-party rule in either nations, via to Japan’s and Italy’s responses to the commercial and societal demanding situations posed by way of globalization and their overseas objectives and methods.
The essays during this e-book not just study the range of atheist expression and event within the Western context, additionally they discover how neighborhood, nationwide and foreign settings could give a contribution to the shaping of atheist identities. by way of addressing id at those diversified degrees, the booklet explores how contributors build their very own atheist—or non-religious—identity, how they build neighborhood and the way identification components into atheist interplay on the social or institutional degrees.
Europe’s inhabitants is growing old and reducing. Demographic swap is making not just neighborhood and territorial model important, but additionally new region-specific spatial making plans and neighborhood improvement. This e-book focusses on demographic swap and its implications for the economic climate and social structures within the Alpine parts, which vary commonly from their surrounding metropolitan parts.
- The Psychology of Global Mobility (International and Cultural Psychology)
- Population in History: Essays in Historical Demography, Volume II: Europe and United States
- Great Divergence and Great Convergence: A Global Perspective (International Perspectives on Social Policy, Administration, and Practice)
- County and City Extra 2015: Annual Metro, City, and County Data Book (County and City Extra Series)
- Ultra-Low Fertility in Pacific Asia: Trends, causes and policy issues (Routledge Research On Public and Social Policy in Asia)
- "Trauerspiel": Noch zu wenig Frauen in Führungspositionen: Warum sind weibliche Führungskräfte trotz gleicher Bildungschancen noch immer unterrepräsentiert? (German Edition)
Extra resources for Child Migration in Africa (Africa Now)
Child Migration in Africa (Africa Now) by Iman Hashim,Doctor Dorte Thorsen