By Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner
Now completely up to date to incorporate contemporary alterations with RDA, this easy-to-use primer presents an creation to standardized cataloging that would gain library technicians in addition to scholars in library technician and instructor librarian programs.
• offers transparent and understandable reasons of the principles and instruments utilized by libraries to catalog and classify their materials
• Illustrative examples for every point of cataloging, class, RDA, and MARC laptop encoding
• Covers all kinds of fabric codecs, together with books, audiovisuals, pictures, sound, digital assets, and more
• bargains various functional workouts in addition to a word list of cataloging phrases and tools
Read or Download Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar library & information science books
"Practical Pedagogy for Library teachers: 17 leading edge thoughts to enhance scholar studying" gathers seventeen case-studies utilizing particular educational methodologies framed by way of sound pedagogical thought. because the venture of educational libraries has moved clear of protecting collections towards instructing clients in examine methodologies, a necessity for brand spanking new techniques to educating are required.
The systematic administration of documents is a crucial task for ‘information companies’ equivalent to museums and galleries, yet isn't continually famous as a middle functionality. list protecting actions are frequently focused on small teams of files, and employees charged with dealing with them could have constrained adventure within the box.
Even if set in old Egypt, Feudal Japan, the Victorian Age, or Civil War-era the US, ancient fiction locations readers squarely on the middle of attention-grabbing instances and locations, making it probably the most well known genres in modern publishing. The definitive source for librarians and different ebook execs, this guide-Provides an outline of historic fiction’s roots, highlighting foundational classics, and explores the style when it comes to its scope and style-Covers the newest and most well-liked authors and titles-Discusses allure features and indicates how librarians can use a reader's favourite characteristics to make suggestions-Includes lists of ideas, with a compendium of print and web-based resources-Offers advertising suggestions for buying the notice out to readersEmphasizing an appreciation of old fiction in its many varieties and concentrating on what enthusiasts take pleasure in, this consultant presents a clean tackle a sturdy style.
"Donald Hawkins and Miriam A. Drake, in addition to numerous an expert participants, current a complete view of presidency info and entry to this data via key businesses and libraries. Public wisdom is an invaluable source for librarians, info execs, and the final public—we all want govt details.
- Elicitation of Expert Opinions for Uncertainty and Risks
- MOOCs Now: Everything You Need to Know to Design, Set Up, and Run a Massive Open Online Course
- Functional Requirements for Authority Data: A Conceptual Model (IFLA Series on Bibliographic Control)
- Rural and Small Public Libraries: Challenges and Opportunities (Advances in Librarianship)
- The Closing of American Library Schools: Problems and Opportunities (Contributions in Librarianship & Information Science)
Extra resources for Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition
Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition by Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner